Sunday, November 1, 2009

PERSEVERANCE

Oh my word…HOW HE LOVES US!!

So the past month has been a tich of a struggle for me. BUT recently I was reminded by a friend of mine how lucky I really am. I was talking with her about her life, she mentioned that she felt God calling her to a life of singleness this year. So her theme verse for the year is all about endurance she is focusing on James 1:2-4

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

This encouraged me so much! This is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible and I was so excited to come back to it! Sure I am joyful most of the time but do I consider it PURE JOY when I face trials? NOPE petty sure not! So over these next months ahead I will look at my trials with JOY…not only that but PURE JOY! Ahhh…I will persevere and work on continually pursuing my LORD! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Pure joy in the face of trials...big or little trials, that's hard to do! But with Christ, you can do it!